This year, more than ever, it’s important to spread the love around and what better time to do that than Valentine’s Day? There are always creative ways to show you care, whether it’s for your family, friends, neighbors, community, pets or yourself. We have a few ways for you to make this time of year a bit more special. And, with the weather being so cold and snowy, you’re efforts are sure to be appreciated!
• SHOW YOUR FURRY BFF SOME LOVE – There’s still time to order treats for your furry best friend through the Hinsdale Humane Society Jr. Board’s Valentine’s Treat Sale. For every sale, the Jr. Board will make a treat for those animals at the Humane Society waiting for their forever homes. Orders can be picked up curbside or delivered (within 10 miles). To order, visit: https://www.hinsdalehumanesociety.org/events/jr.-board-valentines-treat-sale
• LOVING THOSE SENIORS – The DuPage Care Center is inviting people to send some love to residents by shopping their Amazon Smile Wishlist for needed donations. You can visit the DuPage Care Center website at https://dpccfoundation.org or go directly to their Amazon Smile Wishlist at: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2UFNN5EW56Q5R
• LOVE IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS– The Downers Grove Ice Festival makes a good stop on your Valentine’s date this weekend, February 13 & 14.Take a socially distanced stroll through the downtown area and be amazed by all the cool ice sculptures.
• TAKE YOUR VALENTINE TO THE SYMPHONY – A Night of Broadway and Opera would make a good virtual date through Feb. 28th. Maestro Muspratt conducts the New Philharmonic for a delightful program of music from movies, Broadway and Opera. Only $40 per household. Tickets at: https://www.atthemac.org
• NOTHING SAYS LOVE LIKE HOMEMADE – It’s true. Something homemade and delivered shows how much you care and is always remembered. The internet is full of great craft ideas or recipes you can make and deliver to all your Valentines. Make a card, some hot chocolate, potpourri, chocolate covered strawberries and make a special door to door delivery to the special someone. For your kids, make some hearts and tape them to their bedroom door with words of love and some chocolate (candy never hurts!).