A year ago, everyone’s world changed dramatically and, even though things aren’t yet back to “normal”, there may many reasons to feel hopeful and lucky this year. Little by little, we are all trying to work our way back to the way things used to be. This St. Patrick’s Day looks much different than a year ago and there are actually some options for celebrating in our area in March of 2021. Check out some local things to do below and always remember the Irish saying “May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.”
• SHAMROCK FEST – Palmer Place in La Grange is holding its 38th annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration on March 12-14 & 17. There will be entertainment as well as capacity limits and time restrictions on tables. More at: https://www.palmerslagrange.com
• ST. PATRICK’S DAY CELEBRATION – Imperial Oak Brewing in Willow Springs will be having its annual St. Patrick’s Day event on March 12-13 outside with Irish dancers, food trucks and special drinks. More info at: https://www.imperialoakbrewing.com
OTHER EVENTS INCLUDE:
• ‘10 WAYS TO SURVIVE LIFE IN QUARANTINE’ – Hinsdale Central Drama presents is Freshman Show virtual production set in the spring of 2020. This production is put on by 17 members of the the Class of 2024 and tells the story of teens desperate to stay occupied while stuck in their homes during quarantine. Donations are accepted for this presentation and the stream is available at: http://www.hinsdaledrama.com
• HERE COMES PETER COTTONTAIL! – It’s time to register for Pictures with the Bunny at KLM Park in Hinsdale. Saturday, March 27 & Sunday, March 28 from 9am-1pm. Pictures with the bunny are free, but registration and social distancing are required. Visit https://www.villageofhinsdale.org/departments/parks_and_recreation/pictures_with_the_bunny.php for more information and to register.
• THE GREAT HINSDALE EGGS-PLORATION – How many eggs can you find in Hinsdale? The Village of Hinsdale and The Community House are sponsoring a hunt for giant eggs all over Hinsdale March 19-April 4. To participate, go to https://www.villageofhinsdale.org/departments/parks_and_recreation/hinsdale_eggs-ploration.php to download clues and your passport. Both will be uploaded on March 19 so MARK YOUR CALENDARS!