Just a little over 2 weeks until Christmas. Online orders are being placed, packages are being delivered, zoom meetings are being set and people are trying to figure out how to “celebrate” this year while spending more time in their own homes. Don’t despair! There is still PLENTY to “do” and “see” this holiday season in Hinsdale. Below are just a few things for you and your family to enjoy as you try to create a different type of Holiday Season in 2020.
• Thanks to the Hinsdale Central drama club, you can watch a virtually streamed performance of “It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Performance” on Dec. 11. You can also listen to the radio play re-run all day long on Dec. 12 on WHSD Radio Central 88.5.
More info at: https://www.broadwayondemand.com/searchs?q=hinsdale%2520central
• KIDS – IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO WRITE A LETTER TO SANTA! Pandemic or no pandemic, kids can still write to Santa. Letters are due by Dec. 15th in order for Santa to send a note back. Drop off letters at Santa’s mailbox at Hinsdale Village Hall: 19 E. Chicago Avenue. More details at: https://villageofhinsdale.org/departments/parks_and_recreation/santa_s_mailbox.php
• HELP SUPPORT THE HOMELESS ANIMALS – If you’re looking for a good cause to support this holiday season, a donation to the Hinsdale Humane Society will go a long way to helping the homeless animals at the shelter this winter. More info on sponsorships can be found at: https://www.hinsdalehumanesociety.org/help/sponsor
• Hinsdale families can deck their own halls with a gingerbread house kit from the Hinsdale Public Library. Beginning Dec. 15th, you can register to pick up your kit (one per household) at https://hinsdalelibrary.info/events/
• GET PAID TO SHOP – OH, MY! When you do have to shop in person in downtown Hinsdale, a secret Santa will be popping in to hand out $25 gift cards valid at any Hinsdale retailer, spa or restaurant. Ho, Ho, Ho!